Wednesday, August 22, 2012

He's a Working Man!!!

It's true! Billy is an officially employed member of society. First real job ever. And we are EXCITED!

His interview was yesterday and I don't know who was more nervous about it -- Billy or I. As he walked off with his interviewer, Billy looked incredibly handsome -- dress shirt, nice jeans, freshly cut hair. Left behind, I meandered mindlessly up and down the aisles oblivious to the wares for sale. Instead, I pleaded with God to let Billy have this job. I knew how much it would mean to him and I wanted it to happen so, so badly.

The time ticked by and with each stroke of the minute hand, my heart-rate increased. How long do these interviews take anyway? It wasn't like he was applying to be the CEO or something!!! At last, after thirty very looooong minutes, Billy reappeared...

with a smile...

and a spring in his step...

and I KNEW...

and all but lost it as the girls and I engulfed him in hugs. (Keep it together, Margie! Don't embarrass the boy!)

So today I'm baking him his favorite cake and we will celebrate this milestone. Because Billy is officially a working man!!! Yippee!

Thank you, God, for answered prayer and a new chapter in Billy's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment