Sunday, November 3, 2013

Popping Back for a Quick Hello

Hello?

Anybody out there still?

I stepped out of blog world for about six months.

Can't believe it's been that long!

Read some old friends' blogs and got all teary-eyed.

Their kids are growing.

Their families are expanding.

They're sharing God's love in powerful ways.

So inspiring!

So wonderful!

Such amazing people!!!


As for us...?

God has been busy with us too.

I had so hoped we would have adopted another child by now - or three or four. I look at our friends' HUGE adoptive families and think to myself, "We've only adopted five? Really? Only five? Our family picture looks so puny compared to others."


Instead, God asked me to start an online Christian academy.

It has been an enormous, mind-boggling amount of work,

but it is growing ...

children are enrolling...

and families are being blessed.


I am also writing a book ... which also happens to be an enormous, mind-boggling amount of work. But, it's coming along too.


And, I landed a job working for my church. Wasn't expecting this one at all! But, ya'know, I wasn't really doing much else at the time...


Oh, yeah, and I'm still teaching part-time.


(On second thought, it's probably a good thing we haven't adopted anyone. We'd probably lose them or something.)


Last year at this time we were preparing to host a sibling set of four from Latvia. We wanted to adopt them but they said no. It's been a roller-coaster ride with them since then, which I can't really share the details of publicly.

This December we are planning to host a young lady from Ukraine. She is too old to be adopted, but we hope to be her long-distance family and be there for her as much as we can for as long as we can. Yup! We make long-term commitments with every child that walks through our doors -- just not always on paper.


So, this is where my crazy life is as of this moment. We're still walking by faith and not by sight! Still trusting that God knows what He's doing, even when everything to us looks so upside down. Still believing that God is good, even when everything seems so wrong!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment