Monday, February 18, 2013

Me, the Proud Auntie


I am a teacher and I have been blessed to have been able to teach four out of five of my children. I have also been blessed to teach six of my twelve nieces and nephews.

In my Bible class I asked my students to write a thank you letter to God. I got the usual results. Thank you for my cat. Thank you for my house. Thank you for my mom and dad.

But then, my eyes fell upon a different sort of letter. It stopped me and made me focus intently on the words penciled on the page before me. By the time I got to the end, I had tears in my eyes. Curious, I flipped the page over to see who had written this beautiful prayer. And, I must confess, I got all goose-bumpy when I saw my sweet thirteen-year-old niece's name printed at the top!


This was her letter....

Our loving Father, which art in Heaven, thank you for a family that loves me and helps me in times of trouble. Thank you for the school which I am in. Thank you for a chance to further my education. I especially want to thank you for the loving kindness You've shown to a sinner like me. I don't deserve it. Thank You, God, for being the greatest Father I've ever known, the greatest Friend I've ever met, and the greatest Help in trouble. Thank You so much for the good friends You've given me. Thank You for sending Your Son to die on the cross for my sins. Thank You, God, for just being You. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment