Friday, February 8, 2013

No.

It's a word that is only two letters long but it can bring your world to an abrupt standstill.

It did for us.

Our four Latvian kids have said "No" to our adoption request.

Simple.

End of story.

No.

I don't understand why. I don't like it. I don't want it to be this way.

But the answer remains...

No.

And I feel like this big chunk of my heart just curled up and died.

I hurt.

I rage.

I beg God for ...

answers...

reasons...

guidance.

I don't want to accept it.

No.

The word can be as final and devestating as death.

No.

The word echoes throughout my soul and reverberates through my thoughts.

No.

And yet, through the tears...

there is an Almighty arm I lean on and trust in everything.

And He promises...

That He will bring something good ...

out of every ...

No.