Thursday, December 5, 2013

What is She Thinking?

Today our host daughter braved frigid temperatures and an early morning trip. Along with a carload of other orphans she traveled two-and-a-half hours from her orphanage to the US Embassy to receive her visa to come to America. I so wish I could know for one minute what she is feeling inside.

Is she nervous? Worried? Excited? Or, like me, a combination of all of the above?

I wonder what her expectations are of us and what she wants to gain from this trip. Do her eyes sparkle as she tells all her school friends about her upcoming adventure? Does she bite her lip in nervous anticipation? How often do we cross her mind.

I wonder if she will find us a fun family to be with.

I wonder what her story is and why she was never adopted.

I wonder,

oh, how I wonder,

how to share Jesus with this precious girl.

Because, as much as I wonder about what she is thinking right now. I know what God is thinking about her. He loves her. She is His princess. I want so much for her to understand that.

Please pray with me and for me that while she is here, her heart will be touched with the warmth of God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment