Monday, May 9, 2016

Audiobook Overload! Ahhhh!


Choices!

That's what freedom is all about.

The ability to choose is our sacred right.

I get that.

So why is it so stinking overwhelming!!!

Now that my book is published in both hard copy and ebook, I thought it would be good to turn it into an audiobook as well.



And then ...

I was presented with my list of options.

Who knew there could be so many?!

Do I want a male/female voice?

Should the accent be American (7 variations),
British (17 variations, not counting Irish),
Scandinavian,
German,
Eastern European,
or even Caribbean?

(Ha! Listening to a World War II escape story from a voice sounding as if it's vacationing in paradise, should liven things up a bit. I can hear it now...

"Cho! Put dah guns down, man!")

After I choose the accent, there is the question of style. Should the vocals be velvety, raspy, spooky, perky, hip, sheepish, or perhaps wistful?

These name just a few of my options.

I can't seem to find the choice for "normal reading voice" anywhere.

Maybe if I just keep scrolling...?

And then, a friend recommended I do my own reading.

Hmmmm... yet another choice to consider.

Is nothing easy?!

Order your book or ebook HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment