Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missing Daddy

Daddy left for two weeks. In a little over eight years of marriage, it's been his first trip away from home. I can't say I like it much.

Coming home from the airport, even the noise of the children didn't cover the deafening silence of his absence. The house felt strangely empty. Alone.

There's a cold spot in bed next to me. There's too much quiet in the evening after the kids go to sleep. There's no one to toss the little ones up in the air. And I'm really hoping I don't kill his fish that he so trustingly left in my care.

I began motherhood as a single mom, adopting two children before marrying him (see My Birthday Letter to Andie). It's just been a while since I've been alone for this much time. And phone calls do not replace having him here! Physically, I can manage everything I usually do at home. But, my heart feels like it's pumping at half the power.

It'll be good to have him back again.

Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I can relate! It's not like I'm incapable of completing the tasks at home ... it's just that I wish my sweet husband were here to share in the duties. Life is so much more fun when working as a team. We are praying that the Lord will have our family living together very soon. We miss our daddy, too.

    :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete