Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Are You Serious?!

In my last post I mentioned that I was all set to call the adoption agency to begin our next domestic adoption, when suddenly, my husband recommended we wait a bit. I had been all set to plunge ahead and, well, waiting just was not part of MY plan.

Quite reluctantly, I waited. But, I'm a doer and I cannot, absolutely CANNOT, just sit idly and wait for something to happen. I've got to be up to my elbows in something! So, I prayed. I asked for patience, for guidance, for wisdom, for God's will to be shown to us, for a door to open.

Slowly, like the dawning of a new day, we began to feel that God was asking us to walk a different adoption path this time -- international adoption.

Just the thought of it instantly made my stomach flip-flop, palms sweat, and knees go wobbly. International adoption was something I had always dreamed of doing ... someday. Because someday, we would be filthy rich and fly to some exotic country in a private jet or something... But now?! To do it now would require ... gasp! ... faith!

Photobucket


God is asking us to hold His hand and trust Him on a journey that promises to take us into the depths of the unknown. We've never traveled this road before. We don't know what the outcome will be. We can only trust that God will walk with us each. step. of. the. way.

I close my eyes ...
take a deep breath...
and whisper (because I am scared)

"Yes, Lord. I'm willing."

2 comments:

  1. So understand!! We keep praying for direction......all we get is WAIT! So we wait. I know that trying to even start anything right now while trying to move is impossible and foolish. So we wait. And we pray. And we wait!

    Any ideas on which country?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting is, I think, one of the hardest things God asks us to do. I would much rather run a hundred miles than have to sit and wait. But we learn so much from waiting. I'm praying for you! Hang in there! Your answer is coming. :)

    ReplyDelete