Friday, January 7, 2011

Stalled...

I had it all planned. Our adoption agency required that we wait one year until we adopt through them again. That year ended this month. As soon as the office opened its doors after the holidays, I would call and request to start the adoption process again (via foster care as our last three adoptions have been). We would get two boys to add to our family. It would be perfect! And then ...

My husband just informed me that he doesn't want me to make the call. just. yet.

Whaaaaat?!?!?!?

I've been counting down the months, the days, the hours. My fingers have been literally aching to pick up the phone and make that call. My heart is more than ready for a new addition to our family. And now...?

I have learned enough about walking with God to know that His ways are not my ways. But somehow, the more emotional human side of me kind of went into a lurch, like when you are running towards the end zone and someone yells at you to freeze. My brain is doing a double-take, trying to adjust to the command to stall when all systems had been set to "GO!" And then ...

This morning I stumbled across some pictures of orphan boys in China on someone's blog. Is this...? Could this be...? Are we being redirected...?

We've never done an overseas adoption before. We aren't rich. Sigh ...

We need to pray!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling stalled, perhaps it is for a reason. Praying you will get your answer soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I know you were looking forward to making that call!! God has a plan for sure! I keep waiting for Him to reveal it to us!

    Keep praying! We have really felt a burden for international adoption lately....and we don't have a dime to spare right now! So....we keep waiting and praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll pray with you! I know the feeling...although my time is up end of May and I don't have a spouse to consult, I also need to pray to make sure I'm following God's leading as well. I will pray with you and keep you in my nightly prayers.

    Thanks for stopping by, I especially enjoyed reading the comment about being Adventist :) It's nice to connect to others.

    ReplyDelete