Monday, January 3, 2011

JUMPED by Three Teens

Returning home from some errands yesterday evening, I was enveloped by the crisp night air as I stepped out of my SUV. My mind raced with the endless tasks still needing to be completed before I retired for the evening. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a shadowy figure slip behind the tailgate. I stepped away from the car momentarily to investigate, but, seeing nothing suspicious, went back to unloading my purchases.

My arms now filled, I stepped back to shut the door when I felt myself suddenly surrounded by three bodies. The beam of a flashlight blinded me while their blood-curdling yell, matched in intensity by my own hysterical screaming, sent shivers up and down my spine. My blood ran cold as a sense of sheer terror washed over my body.

And then I saw their faces ...

Their insanely grinning, FAMILIAR faces! Three teenagers FROM MY OWN HOUSE had collaborated in a dastardly scheme of scaring me out of my wits!!! My screams melted into peals of laughter as I threatened to keep them on dish-duty for the duration of their stay with us.

1 comment:

  1. ack! as i was reading that i started to freak out for you! glad it was just them trying to be funny :)

    ReplyDelete