Friday, March 11, 2011

A Love Story (Part 2)

What did he do?

He stepped back. He gave me time. He prayed. And so did I.

This wasn't just a decision I was making for myself. I was also choosing a daddy for my children, both the ones I already had and the others I knew God had called me to adopt in the future. Was Shawn the one God wanted for me?

God said, "YES!" And so did I.

Nine years ago, Shawn and I united our lives forever in marriage.

Photobucket


We became a family.

Photobucket


And started our journey together down this path called life.

Photobucket


It's been nine years of ups and downs, joys and sorrows, happiness and disappointment. It's been 100% worth it! I'm living my dream-come-true!

I love you, hon! Happy Anniversary!!!

7 comments:

  1. happy anniversary!!!!

    we are about to hit 10 years (this august). year 9 was a wild one so watch out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great story. You know I'm like you pre-marriage :) If God sees fit, I hope to have a story like this someday as well :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dannie, couldn't help thinking of you a little as I wrote this. :) Love what you're doing with Tigger. God will add what He wants when He wants and it will be good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i love this story, thanks for sharing! i think the best thing about discovering blogs while single is reading stories like yours, cause keeping still and listening to God isn't the easiest thing for me to do :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to find this blog post again....looking back at my comment from March 2011 I have to laugh....I will now be following in your footsteps (minus the son part) lol. I'll be married in October :) God will definitely add what He wants when He wants and is is good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations, Dannie! So happy for you and Tigger! Be sure to post pictures so we can all be a tiny little part of your beautiful day. :)

      Delete