Monday, April 25, 2011

It's Really Happening!!!

Two weeks ago I mailed in our home study application.

First, I looked both ways (to make sure no one else was around).

Then I hugged the envelope tight,

Did a little happy dance,

And whispered a quick prayer

Before sliding it into the mail slot.

One week later we got a call from the agency.
When could they meet with us for our initial interview?

I almost have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

It's really happening!!!

We have officially stepped onto the road towards our first international adoption!!!


On this journey

I know there will be plenty of ups and downs...


Twists and turns...


Hurdles and roadblocks.


But I also know that God already knows the end from the beginning.

He knows the path.

He will guide and we will follow...

Until...

Finally...

We will reach the end and meet the child He has chosen for us.



“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18.

7 comments:

  1. Praise God from who all blessings flow!! Can't wait to follow your exciting new journey!! Praying for you all!!

    La Mama Loca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Excited to be following your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm really looking forward to following your family's journey to your little one!
    Many blessings to you as you walk this road of faith!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! This is wonderful news! I am so glad for you and your family. I hope one day I will be in your place. Giving a little person a place to call their own. Again, this is wonderful news! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margie, I am very happy to hear that you are thinking about adopting a child from your Daddy's home country: Estonia. And I often remember that I was once a foster child. God bless you for caring so much for "all the children of the world." With love, your Mama

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!! I haven't been on for a while so I am so thrilled to return to this news!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your support and words of encouragement. It really means a lot to me!!!

    ReplyDelete