Sunday, December 20, 2015

I Said I Would Never

Never in a million years did I ever think we would be doing what we are doing now. Never in a million years did I ever think we would spend invest as much money as we are now. Never in a million years did I ever think we would sponsor a college student to live with our family for the next three plus years. Never in a million years has my faith been stretched so far out of shape that it is virtually unrecognizable.

And when I say "I will never..." you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar it is never, never, never going to happen. Not in a million years. Some might call me stubborn.

But something happens when God gets a hold of my "I will never!" proclamations. Gently, lovingly, tenderly He reshapes them into something that more closely resembles, "Yes, of course I will! Why didn't I consider this earlier?!" And then He changes my heart just as subtly so that the very thing I said I would never do is the very thing I am begging God to help me accomplish. How does He do that?!

I said I would never take a child too old to be adopted.

No way was I going to get attached to a child I could never call my own.

Nope!

Nuh-uh!

Never!

Can I just say how thankful I am that God is in charge and not me? I am so grateful for Tatiana being here. She is such a blessing to our entire family. And if I had stuck to my stubborn, willful way, I would have missed out completely. I am so glad God changed my heart, because not in a million years would I want to miss out on the blessings we are experiencing today.

Nope, NEVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment