Saturday, November 17, 2012

50 Pages of Do's and Don'ts


On Friday I got the handbook ... as in the handbook of what we should and shouldn't do when our four Latvian sweeties arrive. I must say, I was impressed with the loads of experience packed into it.

Now if only I can just remember to...
*bring a Ziploc to the airport in case of car sickness
*discretely check for lice on four little heads (yes, that is a common orphanage issue)
*keep their name tags on whenever we leave the house (definitely a security measure)
*never, never, NEVER talk about adoption in front of them
*and a host of other things...
I'll do okay!

I've brought kids home from overseas, foster care, and one group home, but never from an orphanage before. This is going to be a challenge adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to vicariously be part of your adventure. Four kids! The best tip was definitely have a grocery bag or something for the car....don't ask me how I know. Joshua walked into church the first Sunday home and immediately threw up. It was all too overwhelming with the food, noise, people, etc. Your Latvian kids are beautiful, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete