Wednesday, November 21, 2012

6 Pounds 5 Ounces of Joy

Little Hayden arrived yesterday! He's 6 pounds, 5 ounces of bouncing baby boy -- with curls!

Mommy is enamored.

Daddy is ecstatic.

And I ... I couldn't be happier.

Paul (the dad) is my son's brother. (Open adoption gives a family a variety of extended family relations.) I was not allowed to adopt both brothers (not my decision) so I have had to watch Paul grow up from a distance and pray him into adulthood. God has been faithful to His promise of being a Father to the fatherless for Paul. He has provided for Paul in many, many ways. I am so proud of the man Paul has become and look forward to seeing the Daddy he will be. At long last, Paul has the family he'd always dreamed of having.

Thank You, Father, for watching over Paul! Thank You for carrying Him when all earthly support was ripped away. Thank You for holding him close on those dark nights when he felt so alone. Thank you for giving him the desires of his heart and blessing him with a wife and a beautiful son. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Amen!


A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.
Psalm 68:5.

No comments:

Post a Comment